Have you ever combed through book after book, searched through the overwhelming amount of spells online just trying to find the perfect spell only to reject every one you find. Perhaps you find a good spell but it isn’t quite right or too impersonal. Search no longer my friends; you can create your own! The instructions are fairly basic but this will allow you to customize and create spells by understanding the base components. While you may choose to only cast tried and tested spells, there is a lot of power to be tapped into by customizing your own spells. So let us just get into it…
- Set your intention and type of spell. What does that mean? Essentially figure out what you want from the spell.
Example: I want to feel confident and inspired.
- Setting the type of spell will help you narrow down how to perform the next steps. You can refer to my magic and spells blog here.
It is important to consider all of your intentions because It is incredibly easy to cast a spell that can really backfire on you and hurt everyone involved, while one is overly emotional and not thinking clearly.
- Choose your timing and space. Pick a time that feels right for you. If Mondays at high noon feel particularly powerful to you go for it set your spell for that time. I have talked a little about moon magic and the power of the moon and its timing for magic.
- Pick a time that you feel will lend power to your particular spell research if certain days or times correlate with an intent.
- Setting your space is where you intend to cast and the environment and staging you need to create to enact the spell.
- Pick your tools and ingredients. Certain crystals, herbs, words, candles, colors, tools and ingredients will boost and affect the spell.
- A clear quartz crystal can be consecrated and named to replace any crystal or stone.
- Rosemary can be substituted for any herb since it practically covers all intents.
- A white candle can be substituted for any color candle. Burn a white candle upside down to substitute it for a black candles
- This is also a good time to think about including deities, forces, energy/ atmosphere enhancers (i.e music, clothing, incense,etc.)
You can refer to:
- Write the words. Now that you have your intention, timing, ingredients list, you can write the words. Write so that you can remember, writing in rhymes is not necessary but helps it to be easier to remember. Make sure that your intention is clearly implied or stated.
- Note: This would be a good time to think about if there are any precautions needs. Precautions like a circle or a protection spell beforehand. It is also a good time to determine if the spell is too complicated and will drain energy. Essentially it is a good time to figure out the final planning preparations for before you cast the spell.
- Cast your spell. Cast it like you would any other spell. Follow your instructions and plan.
- Note: Some spells will need reworking. This is why witches often have a working grimoire for untested spells and a separate grimoire for worked out and casted spells.
- Reflect on your spell. What you felt during the casting. What things you really connected to. Reflect on what you might change to enhance the spell next time. Basically, meditate on it and write notes after in your grimoire.